At Mid Carolina Diesel in Mocksville, North Carolina, we offer the ultimate in fleet maintenance and repair services. Any company that has several commercial vehicles should take steps to protect their investment. Our goal is to help you do that, not only with exceptional services, but also with information and advice. Here are some fleet maintenance tips that we want to share with you.
- Outsource fleet maintenance- It is best to have a well-defined schedule for inspections and maintenance. If you do not have an experienced person in your employ handling this for you, call on us to take care of it for you.
- Driver feedback- It is recommended that you encourage your drivers to let you know when they notice an issue. In fact, it is a really good idea to have them complete an inspection report each time they take out one of your fleet vehicles.
- Use vehicles properly- Know the specifications and limits of each of your fleet vehicles so that you do not inadvertently use one for something it isn’t equipped to handle.
- Tire inspections- Tire pressure and tire condition are both critical for safety and fuel efficiency. Replace tires regularly to avoid accidents and higher fuel costs.
- Driver education- The more your drivers know about the vehicle, the better position they are in to alert you to any issues. Keeping up with fleet safety information is important for minimizing accidents and other issues.
- Plan for replacement- With proper fleet maintenance, you can get many years of service from your vehicles. However, it is important to have a plan in place for replacing older vehicles, so you are not tempted to keep them in service past the time they can safely be used.